Tuesday, September 28, 2004

 

Now this is more like it . . .

OK, now see, this is cool.

Last night, I went to my orientation for the UCLA Professional Screenwriters Program. I'll be in the program for a full school year - from October until June - and over that time, I'll write a couple of new scripts, hone my craft more than a little, and hopefully get a couple of connections along the way.

At the orientation, I met a couple of my teachers - folks who are recognized experts in the field - and learned about some of the graduates of this program. They include the writers of the Tom Hanks movie Terminal, the Diane Lane flick Walk in the Clouds, and maybe coolest of all, Spider-man.

I've been wanting to do this kind of work since I was back in college, so it's great to be back on the film and writing track. For the first time since we worked on Rest of Your Life, I feel like I'm making progress. I feel like a writer again. Even though I'm in the middle of a proposal for work right now, I can't help but smile.

More to follow.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?