Friday, October 28, 2005

 

Rolling into the weekend

After a week of gray dreck, the sun's starting to peek out from behind the clouds here in LA. You can almost make out a thin ribbon of Pacific from my office window. Seems like as good a day as any to start the weekend.

No one thing occupies my frontal lobe today, but I do feel the need to share a couple of premium links with you, the reader.

First, if you're like me, the last couple of presidential elections have been pretty annoying. I mean, I certainly didn't want W. anywhere near anything of importance either time, and yet, I found myself wondering if there wasn't somebody - anybody - better qualified than the jokers my party felt obligated to put up.

I mean, let's see here. You're trying to court red state America, and you hold your convention in Boston. Then while there, you nominate a guy who sounds even more like a child of privilege and who can't give a straight answer to any question. And the guy's from Massachusetts, too! Come on.

Incidentally, in red state America, Massachusetts means "East California".

Anyway, in the last couple of days, I've become aware of a little-known third party candidate. I don't know if I can get behind this guy's new campaign, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was intrigued. Check out this link. I think you'll agree that a lot of Americans would be happy to kneel at the feet of this former military man's strong leadership:

http://www.zod2008.com/

A couple of other ones, too. I was on the website of one of America's finest news sources, and this opinion piece reminded me of something wise old sage Brian Sharpe once said. Read on:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/41919

What is it that Brian said, you might ask. I believe the exact quote is: "Behind every sweet pop love song, there's a terrifying ditty about a creepy, murderous stalker just waiting to get out." Or something like that.

One more from the same news source:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/41917

Amen, brother.

So here we go, rolling into that weekend. I've got a lot on my plate. Our Woman in LA's show closes this weekend, so I'll be in the audience for their last two shows. Plus, there's the matter of buddy Rick Porter's birthday to celebrate, and a memorial service for the mother of writing group pal Lis Fies.

Not to mention, there's football on, and I have a good feeling about that Northwestern-Michigan matchup. Not sure why. But I do.

So I'm more than a little scattered this afternoon. Whatever. There are worse things. It's sunny and warm outside, and I have the whole weekend ahead. To quote Lin Bremer, "It's Friday, and it's great to be alive".

Wherever you are, here's hoping you enjoy your weekend. I'll see you on Monday.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?