Wednesday, July 19, 2006

 

Look Out! It’s the Wednesday Bottom One – guest writer style!

Hey folks, Our Man in LA here. As many of you know, today is my birthday (not to mention the wedding anniversary of good pals Mary-Jo and Greg). So as part of the celebration of the grand old day, Our Woman in LA is giving me an extra special gift.

She’s guest writing today’s blog posting, giving you her own personal Wednesday Bottom One . . . through the magic of film and prose.

Now I don’t want you guys to get the wrong idea. I had plenty of topics for today’s Bottom One. I was prepared to talk about the heat in LA (80s and 90s? What’s that all about?). I considered a rant about PROJECT RUNWAY, a show the wife seems to like.

I could have mentioned the President’s decision today to veto expanded stem cell research, truly one of the dumbest vetoes of all time. But then again, what better Bottom One is there than the Bush Presidency in its entirety?

I was ready to go with the recent obsession with the newborn children of movie stars. Have you read and heard about all the so-called controversy because nobody’s seen a picture of Tom Cruise’s new child? Can you explain why it’s a big deal?

Anybody? Seriously, why? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

But then Our Woman in LA swooped in and saved the day. She had her own Bottom One to share. And it’s . . . well, I’ll let her tell you:

Hi everyone, it’s Our Woman in L.A. I am really excited about my first ever appearance on the Man in L.A. blog. Pretty cool. Before I get to my own bottom one of the week, I must say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the most amazing husband and friend I could have ever asked for.

Okay, so here’s my personal bottom one moment of the week. It’s a before and after shot. Here you go:



BEFORE: Stephanie enjoying a lovely stroll by the fresh fields of lavender
in Santa Barbara. Away from teenagers, cell phones, traffic, and the Trader
Joe's parking lot.



AFTER: Stephanie has her picture taken after a long night of working,
answering cell phone calls from teenagers, and visiting the Trader Joe's
parking lot.

I don't need to explain anything, right?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?